The heart of generosity
Pastor Dennis Pisani posted 1/9/12
As promised, here are some thoughts from Sunday’s message. May your world get larger and larger because the heart of generosity has exploded within you.
Acts 20:35“It’s more blessed to give to give than receive”
Key: The key to a blessed life is a heart of generosity!
Proverbs 11:24-25 24 One person gives freely, yet gains
even more; another withholds unduly (what is right), but comes to poverty. 25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." NIV
3 Different Mindsets:
1. BAG MINDSET:not enough…there’s never enough!
Haggai 1:6 "You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a bag with holes in it.” NIV
- I’d love to give But, I’d like to tithe But, I’d like to be generous But….I have a bag mindset!
- Missing the amazing experience of being more blessed by giving!
- When you are faithful with a little, (with what’s in the bag)……then he can trust you with more!
- Boy with 5 loaves and 2 fish. He gives it to Jesus, Jesus blesses it then God multilpied it! 12 baskets left over! We
give – it’s blessed – then God multiplies and overflows our basket!
- When your basket is over-flowing….Then you have more to bless with!
infinitely more than enough (Luke 16:10, Proverbs 3:9-10)
- When we return our 1st fruits (tithe 10%) back to God, it’s
then when He blesses our finances!
- When we return our tithe back to God (our tithe belongs to God)….it actually breaksthe grip of materialism!
- God can do more with the 90% that’s blessed…..then He could with the 100% that’s not blessed!
- When your barn is over-flowing…then there is an abundance more to bless with!
The key to the blessed life is generosity!
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger” Proverbs 11:24
Interested in hearing more from Pastor Dennis? Go to www.capcitychurch.com and then click on "TheCity" logo at the top right corner of the screen.